Our fees cover the deep asessment of the candidates you are considering as well as reference checking, personality asessment, language asessment, and all the other things our agency is known for.
Here is our current fee structure:
Executive Level Search
Our Executive package is our standard level of service that has been provided to our clients for over 23 years. Applicants in this category have a minimum of one year of experience in their field but often have much longer tenures in their jobs.
Starting this search process is free of charge, but a booking fee of $100 + hst is required prior to booking interviews. This booking fee is credited to the final agency fee if and when a placement is made and is non-refundable once interviews are scheduled.
- Live-Out Caregivers
* Non-drivers: $2195 + hst
* Drivers: $2895 + hst
- Live-in Caregivers
* Local Non-drivers: $2695 + hst
* Local Drivers: Please see our Elite package below – minimum $2895 + hst + hst
* Overseas: $3000 + hst
For foreign nationals or overseas applicants, all Live-In Caregiver placements include Job Bank advertising (if applicable), Labour Market Opinion application preparation overseen by a registered and authorized third party (ICCRC consultant, paralegal or lawyer) on commission, and full guidance throughout the process of obtaining the valid work permit for your employee.
- Part-time Caregivers
* Non-driver 20 hours per week: $1795 + hst
* Driver 20 hours per week: $1995 + hst
* Non-driver over 20 hours per week: $2195 + hst
* Driver over 20 hours per week: $2395 + hst
Elite Level Search
Our Elite package is for families who are looking for something very unique or hard to find in the market. This includes professional household managers, language specialty candidates, professionally trained Early Childhood Educators, certified teachers, applicants who will travel long term (Canadian passport holders), chefs, or other types of workers who are difficult to acquire depending on market conditions.
Starting this search process is free of charge, but a booking fee of $200 + hst is required prior to booking interviews. This booking fee is credited to the final agency fee if and when a placement is made and is non-refundable once interviews are scheduled.
- All categories of Elite applicants
* 10% of employees annual salary + hst
Our temporary services provide our clients with the same level of applicants as our Executive level search but on a short term basis. These employees will be fully screened in the same manner as all other applicants from our agency and are available for assignments up to 3 months. For longer temporary assignments, our minimum Executive package fee will be due.
Starting this search process is free og charge, but a booking fee of $100 + hst is required prior to booking interviews. This booking fee is credited to the final agency fee if and when a placement is made and is non-refundable once interviews are scheduled.
- Live-In or Live-Out temps
* First week temporary: $250 + hst
* Each subsequent week: $150 + hst
* Over 3 months assignment: $See permanent rates
A La Carte Paperwork Services
For clients who have sourced their own candidate, either locally or overseas, we can assess your applicant for eligibility under the Live-In Caregiver Program and prepare the required documents to obtain a valid Labour Market Opinion job offer validation. This LMO is used by the nanny, along with other documents required by the embassy or immigration office, to apply for their work permit. Guidance is provided to the nanny in this work permit application process.
- Applications for local applicants
* $1795 + hst (does not require advertising in Job Bank)
- Applications for overseas applicants
* $1995 + hst (requires Job Bank advertising)
- Executive Level Search
* Our standard guarantee is 60 days from the first day of employment. This doesn't mean that you must make a decision on a new applicant within this time, but a replacement search must be initiated.
- Elite Level Search
* For our Elite level clients, a 90 day guarantee is provided from the first day of employment. As with the Executive level, a replacement search must be initated within 90 days but there is no limit on how long you can look for your new nanny for.
- Overseas Level Search
* Overseas Level Search: Our Overseas hiring clients enjoy an extended 180 day guarantee from the first day of employment in Canada. However, replacements under this category must be made with another overseas candidate.
- Temporary search
* All of our temporary placements are guaranteed for the duration of the assignment.
Live-In and Live-Out Caregiver pay schedules..
The minimum number of hours allowed in the Live-in Caregiver program is 30 per week. The minimum wage is currently set at $10.56 per hour with time and a half required for every hour over 44. The pay schedule below will give you an idea of what your costs will be. You can adjust your rate upwards or downwards from this according to the hours you need. Some employers have break periods which can be deducted, if there are no small children at home to care for. (ie. A split day)
With a nanny who lives outside of the home and is not bound to the restrictions of the live-in caregiver program, various numbers of hours can be decided on. However, when the total number of hours per week dip below 40, many candidates are looking for higher hourly wages rather than salaries for full time hours. To put it simply, the lower the number of hours, the higher the hourly rate.
Please click the image below to download a copy of the spreadsheet in PDF format. If you cannot view this format, call or email us with the contact details at the bottom of your screen and we will send copies to you immediately.
* Please note that these are average salaries, but some candidates will be higher and lower depending on their experience and qualifications. Execu-Nannies ensures a fair wage for nanny and family by keeping wage negotiations between the agency and each party. Families and nannies do not need to negotiate this for themselves, which allows the relationship to start on the most positive footing! *
CCRA has an excellent online calculator which will allow you to quickly calculate the gross and net wage / salary. You can access it on their website located at www.cra.gc.ca. Keep in mind that tax rates change twice per year, January 1 and July 1, therefore, you have to make sure you adjust your deductions accordingly. We can provide a payroll statement to you, however, bear in mind that we are not accountants and any guidance we give you is as a courtesy and not as a financial adviser.
You are responsible for remitting your taxes on the 15th of each month, following the month of payroll. We have a “how to” schedule as part of our service showing you how you go about opening a payroll account with CCRA (Revenue Canada). When you hire someone from us, you will receive this.